Friday, July 11, 2008

Coca-Cola and Cocaine: Yes, they are still friends!

Friends, everytime you drink that tasty, refreshing goodness that is Coca-Cola I want you to remember this blog.

Where I am from, the federal government grows marihuana (yes, that is the correct, original spelling, the "j" was added later during prohibition). That lab has been the home to some of the greatest advances in mary jane genetics of our time: The strain G13 was born there and smuggled out as a male clone. That is why there are no pure G13 strains, because there must be a male and female, thus, only G13 hybrid strains. But anyway, so we know there is a legal weed field in the US, though I believe there may be one more.

My ex-wife (we'll call her "bitch") was a neuro researcher at Vanderbilt while we were married. In the particular lab that bitch worked at were experiment with cocaine. They were studying strokes and used the substance for research. Every week to a month, a person showed up inside the lab with no security, and a nondescript little box. There were all kinds of protocals though to make sure it didnt fall into the wrong hands. These protocals involved signatures and finally resulting in the stuff being locked in a safe.
One day I approached "bitche's boss. I said "Look, I know where legal weed fields are, I grew up next to one, but where do you guys get the cocaine? Ive never heard of a legal coca field in the U.S?"
Her reply was one that amazed me and infuriated me at the same time.
Basically, in many countries in South America, coca is legal. Yes, your friend and mine, is legally grown, chewed, and snorted in many of our South American countries. I verified this. Now, coca-cola still contracts coca farmers to grow coca leaves for their drink. They no longer infuse it with cocaine, but they still use the flavoring that comes from the coca leaf inside the drink. The by product of extracting this flavoring is pharmaceutical grade cocaine which they, in turn, sell to the DEA, who imports this stuff for : tea leaves (they are legal here, you can find various legal coca tea mixes and I highly recommend them!), pharaceutical research, and use in various medicines.

Is that not whacked or what? So, what she is saying is really that there can never be any end to this drug war? The DEA profits off of it on both ends: THey make money and grow their beuracracy off being addicted to drug war money, then make money importing the same stuff they vow to destroy into the country for legal means. Not to mention what they import illegally every year.
Portions of this article can be verified by reading National Geographic (I dont remember the month and year) but I believe it was about 3 years ago.

My next blog will explain why we are really fighting the farc, and what the south american drug trade really means to the DEA and you (besides great drugs and great sex because of those great drugs).

No comments: